In terms of saltwater fish, livefood is the better food you’ll be able to share with your pet fish. It’s natural, healthy and enriched withnutritious elements. Live saltwater fishfood is great for hard-to-feed species like gobies, lionfish, pipefish,grunts etc. You may find various kinds of commercial fish foods in pet shop however,these commercial foods cant meet the nutritional element your petfish. To be able to give your fish aproper diet to satisfy their nutritional need, you need to include live foods,frozen and freeze-dried foods in their diet plan.
Why Saltwater Fishes Need Live Food?
Because fish food is enriched with nutritional vitamins, itprovides additional nutrients to fish that ordinary commercial food cant give.Live brine shrimp, fiddler crabs, ghost shrimp, live copepods, live amphipods etc are viewed because best live food for your saltwater petfishes.
1. If your fish is fed dieting which lacks livefoods, its defense mechanisms is going to be weakened. If the fish is fed a structured dietcombining live foods and commercial food, they may stop theparasites that can infect them.
2. Besides, providing your fish withbeneficial nutritional element live food can stimulate natural instincts ofpursuing or searching the food inside your pet fishes. Fishes gets more involvein feeding process and spends time searching for the foodstuff.
3. Livesaltwater fish foodcomes with a higher than normal nutrient content which has not been suffering fromprocessing. Not like it, freeze-dried foods as well as other commercial foodslose a serious quantity of their nutrients during processing.
4. Live foods like live copepods, live amphipods and feeder fishes are fantastic reasons forminerals and vitamins which are very required for your pet fishes. When yourfish eats gut-loading feeder fish, brine shrimps or live insects, the vitaminsconsumed by options directly ingested by your pet fishes.
5. Live foods dont stop working ordissolve inside your tank like various commercial foods. Due to this, it doesntmodify the water quality of fish tank.
Problems with Live Fish Food
1. The main problem with live saltwater fish food is they may becomparatively more costly than commercial foods like pellets, processedflakes etc. For this reason, many fish lovers would rather cultivate their very ownlive foods.
2. Transmission of diseases as well as otherparasites is another problem linked to live fish food. If thefeeder fish is afflicted with any parasites, it is going to directly pass theinfection for your pet fishes. In order to avoid such problem you need to becareful about live foods.
3. You can store commercial foods forlone but live foods may last just for couple of weeks or days.
4. As being a supplement with a staple diet ofcommercial foods, you’ll be able to give live foods for your saltwater fishes. Try and givevarious kinds of live foods in moderate quantity. Overfeeding of live foodcould cause intestinal problems for your pet fishes.
Types of Live Food
In terms of live food for saltwater fish, you’re going to get a good amount of choices tochoose between. Probably the most popular as well aslive food for saltwater fish is brine shrimp, live copepods, live amphipods, white worms, feeder fish likemollies, guppies and goldfish etc. You can sometimes treat you pet fishes withlive marine mussels also. Along with these types of food, it’s also possible to give yourfish frozen prawns, beef heart, and Tubifex worms. Have a look at have given you abrief idea about best live food forsaltwater fish.
The feeder fish are a vital part ofthe diet plan for your pet saltwater fish. Though freshwater feeder fish have become popularfoods and contain high amount of protein, you should not feed your saltwaterfish only them as feeder fishes lack essential fatty acids. There’s a high risk ofdisease or infection transmission with feeder fish. If you opt for contaminatedfeeder fish and give it to your pet fish, there is a sheer chance theinfection will modify the saltwater fish inside your aquarium.
Live Copepods: Juicy live copepods will be the perfect method to obtainfatty acids for your pet fish. You can buy live copepods frompet store or online, and start cultivating it inside your fish tank. You can contributemore culture if needed to raise the populations in fish tank, normallyabout monthly. You can grow copepods away from tank and then harvestthem within the aquarium.
To be able to culture copepods at home,you’ll need air stone, an obvious plastic container and an assortment of clean saltwater.After establishing the container, just add some copepods as well as a meal source.Based on the type of copepods you would like to cultivate, the food youmust feed them could be decided. Once you begin reproducing copepods inside yoursystem, they turn into the ceaseless replenishing method to obtain nutrients for yoursaltwater fish.
To be able to harvest your copepods, youjust scoop out them using a cup and pour them into fish tank. You can harvestthem using a fine mesh net also.
Brine shrimps are some of the mostcommon forms of live food for saltwaterfish. While you can purchase live brine shrimps from stores, cultivatingyour own brine shrimps from eggs is also an easy task. You can buy dried brineshrimp eggs from on-line or pet store. The directions of hatching the eggs arewritten for the packet. The shrimp eggs generally hatch within 24 to 48 hours.You should culture your own brine shrimp within a clear plastic container having anair stone in it.
To be able to organize a properbalanced diet for saltwater aquarium fish, you must do dome research for thenutritional needs with the perch you’ve. Try and give your fishvarious live foods as a supplement to their staple diet of flakes andpellets. In terms of giving the absolute best care and nutrition for yourbeloved pet fish, you have to be trained in with the basics about live foodsfor saltwater aquarium fish.